Shop our resources in the Love and Logic store!
Below you will find our award winning book "Parenting Children with Health Issues", our "Winning with Diabetes" CD, and a condensed version of our book entitled "Parenting Children with Health Issues and Special Needs"
Parenting Children with Special Medical Needs: Love and Logic Tools for Raising Resilient Kids
Take an in-depth look at Love and Logic® tools applied to children with chronic illness and other special needs. Includes discussion with Foster Cline MD, Charles Fay PhD, and Lisa Greene plus interviews with parents and children. Includes Bonus Materials from Love and Logic Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun™ and Becoming a Love and Logic Parent™ programs! Subjects covered include:
- Common Challenges for Raising Kids with Health Issues
- Laying the Foundation for Healthy Choices
- Parenting Styles: Helicopters, Drill Sergeants and Consultants
- Empowering Children to Take Good Care of Themselves
- How Do Children Really Learn Responsibility?
- Setting Limits and Avoiding Rebellion
- Balancing Work and Family Life
- Communicating About Difficult Issues with Children
Parenting Children with Health Issues: Essential Tools, Tips and Tactics for Raising Kids with Chronic Illness, Medical Conditions and Special Healthcare Needs - by Lisa C. Greene and Dr. Foster Cline
-Mom’s Choice Awards® Gold Recipient (2008 Health, Nutrition, Fitness & Safety)
-Indie Excellence Award Recipient (2007 Parenting and Family)
-Finalist ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year (2007 Parenting)
This newest addition to Love and Logic's library takes familiar and well-loved Love and Logic concepts to new heights. Dr. Cline, a well-known child psychiatrist, and Lisa Greene, the mother of two children with cystic fibrosis, have teamed up to provide parents and medical providers with a valuable new resource. Whether a child struggles with weight problems, diabetes, cancer or any other health issue, parents will learn the essential parenting skills they need to help their child comply with medical requirements, cope well with health challenges, and live a hope-filled life. Get practical and compassionate answers to your toughest questions as you discover effective ways to communicate about health issues with children of all ages.
This book will teach parents and caregivers how to:
- Encourage your child to love life despite health challenges.
- Handle refusal to take medication and do medical treatments.
- Skillfully respond to your child’s special emotional needs.
- Avoid power struggles and other common parenting traps.
- Promote responsibility for health care without nagging or lecturing.
- Navigate sibling, family and couple relationship issues.
- Enable your child to make good self-care decisions.
"A few books fall into the Great Work category. This is one of them. This book is a beacon of insight and guidance for parents in the most challenging of parenting circumstances. Having recommended Love and Logic® to many patients for the last decade, I am delighted to see this further growth and development of the basic Love and Logic® principles. It is with great enthusiasm that I recommend this book to my colleagues and all parents of children with chronic medical conditions." - Frazier H. King, MD. Board Certified Family Practitioner
Winning with Diabetes: Tools, Tips and Tactics for Raising Healthier Kids Foster Cline, MD and Charles Fay, MD
audio CD, 67 min
Does your child have diabetes? Discover effective ways to raise happy, healthier children with diabetes and other chronic medical conditions by joining this engaging discussion with parenting experts Foster Cline, MD and Charles Fay, Ph. D. Based on the award-winning book "Parenting Children with Health Issues" by Foster Cline MD and Lisa Greene, you’ll hear practical, down-to-earth ways to:
- Answer your child’s tough questions about diabetes.
- Prevent power struggles and other common parenting traps.
- Motivate your child to make wise self-care choices about food, glucose monitoring, and medication management without nagging, lecturing, or bribing.
- Escape the dangers of over-protection and avoid rebellion in the teenage years.
by Foster W. Cline, MD and Lisa C. Greene
Raise happy, healthier kids! Discover how to engage and communicate with children of all ages using these proven, practical techniques. Any parent, medical professional or teacher can immediately apply these universal tools when working with a wide range of conditions such as…
- ADD/ ADHD
- Developmental Delays
- Asperger's and Autism
- Behavior Problems
- Health Issues
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Learning Difficulties
This condensed version includes the Love and Logic essentials from the award winning book Parenting Children with Health Issues.